Friday, December 15, 2006

North Beach Bop #1


This was one of my first FR's after I took the Art of Attraction course back in August of 2005.


I named this north beach bop #1 because I expect to be going there a lot. Also, I had more sets then mentioned, but only included ones that I remember and might have something to offer the group for learning.

Onto the Field Report: Sameer went to the Dave Matthews concert atSBC and was going to meet me at Momo's across the street after. I got there around 9:45 and concert was going strong, so he took off to meet me. We hung out there waiting for the huge influx of people from the concert to show up after. We had a couple warm up conversations with people, but there weren't too many sets. Also wenoticed that this place, although a bar at night, was more of a daygame energy level so we were a little too high energy.

Memorable Set #1: Standing next to the portbale heaters in an outdoor patio draws chicks like a bugzapper draws flys. Anyways, girls roll up and standnext to us at the heaters and I open with, "Hey, this spot costs money! This is prime retail estate." Girl ktouches me immediately by putting her arm around me and saying "lets negotiate." I immediately respond back with, "hey, I'm talking about money...I don't know whatyou were thinking."

Although, this seemed good at the time, I think she was put off that I brushed off her physical advance. Inretrospect she was cute, but definitely had a low self esteem vibe. She took her hand off me and made some comment about never hearing that EVER before. At one point the girl told some story about her bestfriend and how she was awesome or something. Sameer and myself had sort of isolated the two but were going nowhere quick with the set. We totally lost them when I said it was a special moment and that they should hug. I was just being silly, but this was their oppurtunity to girl code and bounce.

Lesson learned: It was unnecessary to bring the girls back together after we had already isolated them.

We had a few more short sets that didn't really go too far and aren'tworth mentioning. We decided about 11pm that we needed to move on because everyone coming to the bar was wasted and too ADD to chat with. So we hopped on a bus to North Beach. We hit a few bars and Sameer closed one girl. He will have to tell you about that. Then we hit Northstar. I like this place a lot. One block from SF Mansion and a total college scene...my style.

Memorable Set #2: I open a mixed 3 set(2girl, 1guy) with "two girls making out." I broke the bubble successfully and got them to hook, but I was talking too quick and not interacting enough because I was just plowing. I definitely need to check in a little bit more. I also didn't banter off their responses or Kino enough. Due to the noise the second girl and guy of the set backturned and isolated me with the first girl. It would have been good, but I was having trouble bantering because her answer bored the fuck out of me. Ejected. I know I could have busted out she was being too logical, but oh well.

Memorable Set #3: Lonewolf at the juke box. Sameer actually opened, but I entered at one point and he took off. This set went well because I slowed everything down - and actually made it a REAL interaction. When I did talk it was slower, posture was close to her but leaning back, and there were long pauses with eye contact that felt pretty intense. The girl ultimately was very friendly and drunk. She was ready to be cave-manned. Stayed in for about 15 minutes getting some rapport and she was into me. It seemed silly to stay any longer because the next step was to make out, which she was ready for, BUT I was here to gain a skill set and not lay pipe. So I ejected.

Memorable Set #4: HOT HOT 12th grade history teacher. I have no idea how old she was, but I do know she was a hot version of kirstin dunst - spectacular body. Once again, Sameer opened the 2 set with some situational opener. He probably called them the "bathroom girls" because they were waiting in line. She told me she was a teacher, so I told her that I want to be a kindergarten teacher(actually true). I used to be a swim teacher and I told her this funny story: "This little 3.5 yr old girl came to my swim class very upset. She told methat her mom had just informed her that she would not be able to marry her older brother...BECAUSE if they had kids, their kids would NOT have elbows." I didn't think it was that cool, but she was really into it. I should have done the hand grab at this point for kino. She got dragged into the bathroom with her friend immediately after and set was blown.

Later, I was in another set and saw her walking by and grabbed her hand and squeezed. She squeezed back, smiled, and trailed her fingers...Nioce! Then I went ADD and left the bar to go to another bar. In retrospect, I should have gone back and attempted get some rapport and close because I had attraction and a little rapport already. That will be the regret of the night.

We bounced back and forth between a few more bars, but didn't find too many sets. SO we called it a night.

Thoughts:

-This shit is hard to get back into the groove of. Once I get going I am usually fine, but starting off seems more difficult. I did warmup sets which helps with talking, but I think I need "banter warm up"too because I tend not to do that right away, which is why my earlysets didn't go anywhere.

-I am going to need to figure out a few basic wing tactics. Sameer and I weren't bad and didn't have any real miscommunication, but its clear that we will need to establish some for the future.

-I break the bubble well, which signals to me my intial body languageis solid and congruent. I am thinking that I should try some moredaring Kino like throwing my arm around girls, etc. I think thiswill up the attraction level without having to banter as much. Why say something when you can do it.

-I need to banter/kino within 20 seconds and in general I need to SLOW the fuck down.

No comments: