Friday, December 15, 2006

North Beach Bop #3


So, this is the LAST installment in the three parts series known as the "North Beach Bops." Althought I still frequent North Beach in San Francisco, I consider the Bop Series the earlier years in my development.

So, I am going to write a really in depth FR of one set that I had. There were more from the weekend, but this one definitely was the most memorable and I think had the most to offer on the learning side.

Sameer and I, North Beach, just starting at 11:30pm at North Star. Late start, but shit happens. We walk in and open a few sets. There is a shorter latina chick. Beautiful face and nice body. Her ass was NOT small, but it was NOT a deal breaker and would be considered spectacular by Sir-Mix-A-Lot. BABY GOT BACK! Anyways, Sameer mentions as we're leaving that she gave me a few looks, but I did not see them. This is on the way out so we bail and hit up a few other spots. We sarge a bit more but eventually return.

Once again, Sameer mentions that I got some looks. Now she's off in a corner with another friend looking around the room and pointing. They were obviously people watching. I was going to go over and accuse them of that, but then get in on it. As I was observing she did make eye contact with me. Logisitics weren't the most ideal at that moment, but I saw the oppurtunity(3 second rule). So, I wait .... 1.... 2.... 3..... eh...... 4.......go! Shit! Had I gone on three it would have been cool, but by four there were guys who opened them. Whatever I fucked that up but, we scope and sarge a bit more. Next thing I know this same chick is right next to me with her back to me. Proximty IOI? I'm stumbling trying to think of a situational opener and not getting anything. Right then she flips her hair and it hits my shoulder. So I tap her on the shoulder and she turns around. I ask in an accusing tone, "Did you really just hair flip me?!" She laughs and says, "what?!" I replied, "you just flipped your hair into my face!" She laughs and has a huge smile on and totally turns to face me. I give her a look and poke her while saying, "you're trouble." She kinos me back and says, "oh my god." Her hand trails off my back so I reach down and squeeze it. I think I called her a firecracker next, and she replies with, "well I am the youngest." I shoot back, "you mean at the bar? what are you like 21?" She nods yes and I say, "yeah, well I'm not even supposed to be here because I'm like 16 and have a fake I.D.!" She laughs and says, "oh my god, you're so cool!" Then very seductively, like Selma Hayeck seductive, she says while batting her eyes, "You should call me sometime."

TIME OUT!

What the Fuck?! Now, at this point I have literally been talking to this girl less than one minute. She totally seemed to be digging me. Especially since Sameer had seen me getting some looks. She didn't sound sarcastic, but I don't know. That seemed WAY too easy! I had a split second to decide and although everything was telling me she was into me, it seemed WAY to easy and quick so....more attraction game!

GAME ON!

So I give her a look and say, "You want me to call you?! I don't even know you!" While kino-ing her at the same time. Then her body language turns away and she says, "fine, don't make out with me then."

TIME OUT!

What the Fuck?! Whoa! Something just happened there. Maybe I just overgamed her. Wait a fucking second, maybe this chick is drunk, but holding it together well. I had talked to a lot of girls that were really intoxicated and horny, but were still very composed. Sometimes I forget that most people (99.9%) who go to bars are actually drinking and becoming intoxicated. This actually reminds me of my old (not so old) college days when I just caved manned chicks. I have heard this line before. Usually it occured when you missed the moment the chick was ready to be kissed and she had to verbalize it. Almost always this is a death blow, but if you quickly take
action you can recover. In then end the chick still wants it and you can be aggressive and save face and the sarge.

GAME ON!

Time to cave man this little hottie! I do a very quick back turn, then slide my arm around this chick's waist and pull her in close.

SIDE NOTE: When going for the make-out I have always done the hitch method. I will go in 90% and let the girl come the last 10. SO, I go in 90%.........AND.......she turns her face away. DENIED! FUCK!

It was a very ballsy move that has worked for me before, but not this
time.

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE:I think its funny that I won't really hesitate with something like this, but I stil get approach anxiety.

The best part of this whole thing. Sameer was less than 2 inches away to witness this whole thing! This was a very funny blow out.

I immediately ejected the entire bar! I had to go outside and run around the block once and then do 50 push ups just to fucking calm down. I wasn't pissed or even hurt. Its more like getting to the last level on a video game and then dying at the very end. You know that it just takes one little thing to fuck up the whole game even
though you got so far.

Sameer had a chance to talk to her right after for the debrief. At first we thought she was fucking with me and that she had a boyfriend. She did mention that her boyfriend was at the bar. Sameer bought off on it at first until he saw them together. they didn't seem like a couple and he seemed to think it was just an excuse. I had to agree after watching her walk out with him.

In hindsight, I think it was a TEST. The main indicator was that we did NOT share a moment where I hestitated and did not go in for the kiss. I think that she was being overly (almost indetectably) sarcastic about making out when I told her I didn't even know her in response to her asking me to call her.

I think I probably did have attraction. I also think she was probably serious about wanting me to call her. I don't think I overgamed, because she wasn't upset, I think she she just called my bluff with a test.

I will definitely be asking Lance about this one.

Joe "Very happy about getting some quality problems" Brody

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work men I definetly need to slow down as well and I alos have the same problem with warming up let me know how that works out for you

Joe Brody said...

It's worked very well. That post was from more than one year ago. Sometime around sept 2005.

Anonymous said...

What did Lance say?