Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pickup 101 History – Time to stop being humble…


So, I’ve run into a problem lately. I’m actually a pretty humble guy in a lot of ways. It’s not my style to brag about stuff or throw it up in people’s faces, but I feel like in ONE particular area I have done myself a disservice by being humble - my creditability as an instructor.

A lot of people don’t really know who I am within the Pickup 101 family relative to everyone else. I don’t want to take away from any of the guys as they’re all talented and I’m friends with all of them. The difference is that I personally work for Pickup 101 as a part-time instructor. A lot of the guys have made the conversion to the full-time level and taken on more responsibility. I might in time, but for now I have started a brand new job for a reputable company as my second promotion in two years and I just moved across the country to New York City. So it’s fair to say I have a full-plate right now.

But, what’s driving me nuts is that when I teach a lot of guys haven’t heard of me and think I’m a new coach – I’m definitely not new. Not that I am in a pissing contest with anyone else, but it annoying that I have to prove myself to new students every workshop because I have stayed out of the limelight for the most part.

In fact with the exception of Lance and Daniel I have been around the longest – albeit not in the same capacity as other instructors like Sean Newman. If you want to talk Pickup 101 history, I was one of the few guys still here that actually was taught by Lance and Wilder. For those of you who don’t know, Wilder was Lance’s original business partner.

Sean Newman and myself both attended Everything You Know About Women is Wrong Seminar together.

For those of you who remember Nate, Garrison, and Grant, I regularly went out with them. In fact, we formed a mastermind group called Bulletproof together where we worked intensely on our game for months meeting twice and week and drilling. We ran in-house workshops together and taught each other a lot.

Dennis and Derek of Social Savant are good friends of mine. Derek and myself attended AoA together and taught at both of Dennis’ workshops for Pickup101. Both have gone on to become very talented in their own right.

Anyways, my point is that all of the people above will more than vouch for my skills along with everyone within Pickup101. I have stayed out of the limelight, but that’s going to change if for nothing else to give myself some creditability with new students who come to take workshops.

(steps off soapbox)

I personally hate rants like that because it sounds like I’m whining (cause I am), but I just wanted to put it out there if people care to look. Charismatic Conversations will be coming out soon and I that will showcase some of my stuff. Stay tuned for hidden videos, because that it my goal for the next few months - that and getting back to my fighting weight. Too much partying lately.

No comments: